A Personally Guided Educational Experience
Collaborative and Reflective
TLCI advisors are companions on the educational journey, providing students with a closely guided learning experience. Regularly scheduled advisor-led conferences, along with a collaborative-reflective learning blog, allow students to meet their highest academic potential.
All students participate in conferences. Elementary level student participation is encouraged, but a parent or their designated representative primarily communicates the student’s progress, shares details, and elaborates upon self-reflections with the advisor.
Middle and high school students assume increased responsibility by engaging personally with their advisor and elaborating upon their studies, reflections and self-evaluations.
Students reflect daily in a private blog shared with their advisor, who provides critical feedback and guidance. They also have an option to participate in a group blog, in which they can share experiences and collaborate on projects.
Reflective learning is the process of internally examining ideas and experiences to gain a deeper understanding of the world and of oneself. Reflective learning is infused throughout the program and includes self-evaluation and self-correction for all subjects.
Reflection helps students
Understand strengths and weaknesses
- Identify and explore values, beliefs and assumptions
- Gain critical insight for self-evaluation and self-correction
- Recognize challenges and develop strategies to address them
- Increase academic confidence
A collaborative-reflective educational experience
- Helps transform information into knowledge
- Analyzes data and synthesizes ideas to create new concepts and understanding
- Allows students to learn in an interdisciplinary way
- Lets students share in managing their learning
- Invites students to collaborate with their advisor and others as co-constructors of knowledge
- Is ideal for college preparation