Your Child is Our Agenda
TLCI advisors are companions on the educational journey, providing students with a closely guided learning experience. Regularly scheduled advisor-led conferences, along with a collaborative-reflective learning blog, allow students to meet their highest academic potential.
All students participate in conferences. Elementary level student participation is encouraged, but a parent or their designated representative primarily communicates the student’s progress, shares details, and elaborates upon self-reflections with the advisor.
Middle and high school students assume increased responsibility by engaging personally with their advisor and elaborating upon their studies, reflections and self-evaluations.
Students reflect daily in a private blog shared with their advisor, who provides critical feedback and guidance. They also have an option to participate in a group blog, in which they can share experiences and collaborate on projects.
- Is more than a teacher or tutor. She is your professional guide. She assists you through uncharted territory, her expertise steering you past the obstacles and pitfalls of your journey, guiding you in developing the skills necessary to succeed.
- Helps you discover the most valuable questions to ask and answer. By engaging in learner-centered questioning and dialogue, he holds up your thoughts and dreams for you to examine from multiple perspectives. Your thoughtful reflections, self-evaluations, and self-corrections allow him to ask insightful questions that keep you on course and propel you toward academic, career, and personal success.
- Focuses you. You are in control of creating your educational journey. Personal freedom and responsibility can be quite challenging, even scary. Your advisor will be there supporting you and also holding you accountable. As you move toward your goals, you know that you have a trusted guide dedicated to helping you stay on course.
- Helps you believe in yourself. Through a collaborative process of setting and attaining incremental goals, she guides you to recognize your personal abilities and apply them to your learning and development.
- Assists you to reach your highest potential. She encourages you to move to the very edge of possibilities, outside your comfort zone where incredible things happen, and transforms it all into a practical plan worth pursuing.
- Is skilled in
- Empathic listening
- Student-centered and interdisciplinary learning
- Collaborating in the design of curricula
- Bloom’s Hierarchy of Learning
- Kolb’s Learning Cycle
- Critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- The art of Socratic questioning
- Academic evaluation and assessment